A 1 Week ERASMUS+ Teacher Training Course about Gamification in Education (available in Florence and Dublin)
It is a truth universally acknowledged that teachers should make available activities that are capable of involving students in the learning process. Games and digital tools are terrains which amplify reality and that educators must explore to move in that direction.
Games and technology represent perfect environments to facilitate exploration, having a strong impact on a student’s ability to learn-by-doing and immediate acquisition of knowledge and skills.
While playing and interacting with different forms of reality, students can sometimes learn without even realising it! Fun and engagement are the background on which abilities and understanding are constructed. Theory and practice are smoothly integrated in the process of solving issues within the scope of a game.
By the end of the course, participants will have understood how learning chances, learning reinforcements, stimuli, autonomy, collaboration are part of game-based learning. They will be able to appreciate the pros and cons connected to different techniques. They will be confident in selecting the best game-based activities depending on their teaching goals and their students’ needs.
Guided city tours and an excursion will also be part of the programme.
- Teachers primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs; Teacher trainers; Headteachers; Principals; Managers of schools/organisations offering adult education.
course details - Florence
- Length of the course: 1 week (Mon -Sat);
- Next Dates 2018: 05 - 10 November; 03 - 08 December.
- Set Dates 2019: 28 January - 2 February; 25 February - 2 March; 25 - 30 March; 22 - 27 April; 27 May - 1 June; 24 - 29 June; 22 - 27 July; 26 - 31 August; 23 - 28 September; 28 October - 2 November; 25 - 30 November; 2 - 7 December;
- Cultural activities included: 2 Florence Guided Tours and 1 day Tuscan Excursion (usually on Saturday);
- Price: € 480,00
course details - Dublin
- Length of the course: 1 week, Mon - Fri;
- Set Dates 2019: 14 - 19 January; 11 - 16 February; 11 - 16 March; 8 - 13 April; 13 - 18 May; 10 - 15 June; 8 - 13 July; 12 - 17 August; 9 - 14 September; 14 - 19 October; 11 - 16 November; 9 - 14 December;
- Cultural activities included: Dublin walking tour and 1 day Irish Excursion (usually on Saturday);
- Price: € 480,00