A 2 week ERASMUS+ Teacher Training Course available in Florence
SUGGESTED COMPUTER PROFICIENCY: INTERMEDIATE
This course has been designed for teachers who want to integrate educational apps into their teaching methods, as well as be able to design and create their own e-learning projects which can they deliver to their students.
Technology plays a hugely important role in the learning process and educational apps are an essential part of modern, up-to-date classrooms, providing students with various opportunities for more efficient, engaging learning methods and higher-level thinking. Participants will discover some of the most popular and practical educational apps for the classroom, applicable to a wide-range of subjects and learning abilities. They will learn how to properly integrate these apps into their teaching as powerful tools to enhance their students’ education, and also become familiar with the concept of ‘app-smashing’.
E-learning opens up access to a wealth of information and resources and, if delivered correctly, can make the process of teaching and learning more fluid and enjoyable. Instructional design is the practice of designing online courses in an efficient and appealing way. In fact, in order to avoid dropouts in digital learning and fully engage students in the learning process, correctly planning the e-learning path is crucial. In this course, participants will handle the principles of instructional design with a practical approach. They will be introduced to the main open source authoring tools (software packages which developers use to create and package e-learning content that is deliverable to users) and will challenge themselves in designing and developing their own project.
Guided city tours and 1 full day cultural excursion (usually on the first Saturday) will also be part of the programme.
Course Learning Outcomes
- How to use different educational apps in class, providing students with the best learning experience;
- Acquiring a general overview about the many educational possibilities of using educational apps and the motivational dimension brought to the classroom when using them;
- Participants will be able to design and develop an online lesson with an open source authoring tool;
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs); - Teacher trainers; - Headteachers; principals; managers of schools
course details - Florence
- Length of the course: 2 weeks;
- Set Dates 2019: 7 - 18 January; 4 - 15 February; 4 - 15 March; 1 - 12 April; 6 - 17 May; 3 - 14 June; 1 - 12 July; 5 - 16 August; 2 - 13 September; 7 - 18 October; 4 - 15 November; 2 - 13 December;
- Cultural activities included: 2 Florence Guided Tours and 1 day Tuscan Excursion (usually on Saturday);
- Price: € 820,00