A 1 Week ERASMUS+ Teacher Training Course within the framework of the ERASMUS+ Program in collaboration with www.tesoldrama.org/
This course applies Stanislavski oriented techniques from the craft of acting as well as voice projection and protection techniques from the Julliard School, in order to improve a teacher’s performance skills, presentation skills, and teacher-student engagement.
Participants are guided through exercises selected from: the Meisner Technique that builds spontaneity, authenticity, and listening skills; Viola Spolin’s “Theater Games” teach actors to live in the moment, responding truthfully and intuitively to their surroundings; script analysis from David Mamet’s “Practical Aesthetics” which helps actors choose specific playable actions to influence their fellow actor.
Together, these approaches help teachers bring more enthusiasm to their lessons, think creatively on their feet, remove self-consciousness, and improve verbal and non-verbal expressiveness for more effective classroom productivity.
Find out our upcoming confirmed courses here;
Course Learning Outcomes:
• Improve listening skills in order to listen more deeply and acutely to students, just as the best actors do with each other in their scenes.
• Inspire their students by bringing more enthusiasm and performance energy to their lessons.
• Help students to master the fundaments of the subject matter, just as actors must learn the meaning of the material they are to perform.
• Prepare students for lifelong learning, the way actors leave audiences with something to think, feel, and talk about for a lifetime.
• Help students find their own voices just as actors must do to express their parts in their own unique way.
• Encourage students to find and follow their own values as actors do when learning life lessons while rehearsing and playing a role.
Teachers will gain an enormous sense of being present with students, as well as confidence and enthusiasm for making lessons that enrich both teachers’ and student’s lives on a daily basis.
- Teachers: primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs; Teacher trainers; Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors; Headteachers; Principals; Managers of schools
- Length of the course: 1 week Mon -Sat;
- Course Schedule: 9:00 - 14:00 (first turn) or 14:00 - 19:00 (second turn)
- Number of participants: max. 14;
- Cultural activities included: City Guided Tour and 1 day Excursion;
- Price: € 480,00