A 1 Week ERASMUS+ Teacher Training Course within the Framework of the ERASMUS+ Program
During this course participants, will discover the most relevant educational approaches for children that emerged in Europe from the 20th century onwards.
Waldorf (Steiner) education, the Montessori Method and Loris Malaguzzi’s Reggio Emilia approach will be discussed in an interactive way. This will include comparing the different theories and involving participants in an active reflection about their way of teaching and the importance of the child being the protagonist of his/her development. A part of the course will be dedicated to Bruno Munari’s method “Playing with Art”. A short introduction about the alternative Catalan non-directive education panorama will also be included, as well as an overview on Positive Education and Positive Psychology.
The outcome of all of this, is the activation of a thought-provoking learning process. Participants will practice critical and creative thinking skills, inspired by the alternative methods mentioned above. Independence, freedom, creativity, child-centered, respect, global development are the keywords of the course. At the end, participants will have the chance to create a project for their school that incorporates the knowledge acquired, following a Design Thinking process..
Find out our upcoming confirmed courses here
Follow our activities on our Facebook Page
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs); Teacher trainers; Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors; Headteachers; principals; managers of schools/organisations offering adult education; Other (Paid or voluntary) management staff in the institution/organisation.
course details - Florence
- Length of the course: 1 week, Mon - Sat;
- Next Dates 2018: 13 - 18 August; 10 - 15 September; 08 - 13 October; 12 - 17 November; 10 - 15 December.
- Set Dates 2019: 14 - 19 January; 11 - 16 February; 11 - 16 March; 8 - 13 April; 13 - 18 May; 10 - 15 June; 8 - 13 July; 12 - 17 August; 9 - 14 September; 14 - 19 October; 11 - 16 November; 9 - 14 December;
- Cultural activities included: 2 Florence Guided Tours and 1 day Tuscan Excursion (usually on Saturday);
- Price: € 480,00