1 week (6 days) ERASMUS+ course about CLIL methodologies for Young Learners.
This course is designed for teachers in primary school who want to learn how to create content based learning lessons and implement them in their classes. Focus will be on selecting an appropriate topic, sourcing and creating content and adapting the foreign language didactic materials to different age groups and language levels. Teachers will use the content and new methodologies to enhance motivation and boost self-confidence in their classrooms.
Through work-alone or group activities, simulations and role plays, participants will experience first hand how CLIL promotes interdisciplinary learning, adding a real-world dimension to a course topic while contextualizing language learning. Topics will include: sourcing and choosing content, scaffolding content and language learning, adapting the content to students’ needs and abilities, evaluation strategies and many ideas for implementing CLIL in the primary classroom. Classroom management strategy and support will also be addressed as it relates to this innovative and increasingly popular methodology that engages both teachers and students.
At the end of the course participants will return to their schools with a suitcase-full of enthusiasm, ideas, strategies and activities to integrate into their course curricula for successful and effective CLIL lessons with their primary students.
Find out our upcoming confirmed courses here
Follow our activities on our Facebook Page
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs); Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors; Headteachers; principals.
course details - Florence
- Length of the course: 1 week, Mon - Sat;
- Number of participants: max. 12;
- Next Dates 2018: 08 - 13 October; 12 - 17 November; 10 - 15 December.
- Set Dates 2019: The course will start the second Monday of each month;
- Cultural activities included: 2 Florence Guided Tours and 1 day Tuscan Excursion (usually on Saturday)
- Price: € 480,00