An ERASMUS+ Training Course about Students Relation with Digital Media and Technology
Technology and digital media are becoming increasingly popular and pervasive in every aspect of life, changing the way we do things. This course is designed to look at our relationship with the digital tools we carry in our pockets, focusing in particular on the use that our students make of these media.
On one hand the course will focus on negative aspects such as difficulties in concentrating and the inability to stop the use of digital media, seen as a constant source of distraction. On the other hand, it will look at the extraordinary possibilities of independence these media offer and how they allow us to expand our opportunities and passions. Participants will learn how to move away from these negative, passive aspects, towards using digital tools in an active and positive way. They will then be able to encourage their students to do the same.
Through shared reflections, practical activities and an overview of the most recent studies on the subject, teachers will be able to enrich their own toolbox with important insights into the enormous complexity of the digital world, out of the simple and simplistic disagreement between those with negative and positive opinions on the issue.
After this course, teachers will feel more confident in helping their students to discipline their relationship with technologies, in order to make them productive and functional to the construction of the students’ future.
Follow the calendar of the upcoming confirmed course sessions on our Facebook Page
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs); Teacher trainers; Headteachers; Principals; Managers of schools/organisations offering adult education;
course details - Florence
- Length of the course: 1 week: Mon -Sat;
- Number of participants: max. 12;
- Set Dates 2018: 26 February - 03 March; 26 - 31 March; 23 - 28 April; 28 May - 02 June; 25 - 30 June; 23 - 28 July; 27 August - 01 September; 24 - 29 September; 22 - 27 October; 26 November - 01 December.
- Extra curricular activities included: 2 Florence Guided Tours and 1 day Tuscan Excursion (usually on Saturday);
- Price: € 480,00