A 1 Week ERASMUS+ Teacher Training Course about Student-Centred Approached for Education
This Erasmus+ course has been created for teachers who want to learn more about managing an effective and up to date classroom that encourages participation and engaged learning using the latest techniques.
Through interactive activities, participants will learn how to promote a student-centred learning environment. Student-centred methods have been proven to be superior to the traditional teacher-centred approach to education. Student-centred methods sustain both students’ autonomy and cooperation. They also facilitate short and long-term memory, critical thinking, problem-solving skills, self-confidence and motivation.
Here is the list of some abilities that participants will have acquired by the end of the course:
- Awareness about what supports effective learning;
- Choosing practical solutions to encourage students to solve problems, formulate complex questions, debate, explain and brainstorm during class;
- Managing and evaluating team-work while students are involved in cooperative projects and problem-solving tasks;
- Supporting students in facing challenges and in learning by doing;
- Theoretical knowledge and practical skills about new methods such as: the Flipped Classroom, Project-Based Learning, Problem-Based Learning, Case-Based Instruction, Discovery Learning.
Guided city tours and excursions will also be part of the programme.
Find out our upcoming confirmed courses here
Follow our activities on our Facebook Page
- Teachers: (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs); Teacher trainers; Headteachers; Principals; Managers of schools;
course details - Florence
- Length of the course: 1 week: Mon - Sat.
- Next Dates 2018: 05 - 10 March; 02 - 07 April; 23 - 28 April; 07 - 12 May; 04 - 09 June; 02 - 07 July; 09 - 14 July; 16 - 21 July; 23 - 28 July; 30 July - 04 August; 06 - 11 August; 13 - 18 August; 20 - 25 August; 27 August - 01 September; 03 - 08 September; 01 - 06 October; 08 - 13 October; 15 - 20 October; 22 - 27 October; 29 October - 03 November; 05 - 10 November; 12 - 17 November; 19 - 24 November; 26 November - 01 December; 03 - 08 December;
- Extra curricular activities included: 2 Florence Guided Tours and 1 day Tuscan Excursion (usually on Saturday);
- Price: € 480,00