A 1 week ERASMUS+ Teachers Training Seminar available in Florence and Barcelona
Positive education is challenging the traditional educational paradigm worldwide; it aims to promote well-being and happiness in a holistic perspective in the classroom and beyond, providing young people with knowledge and life skills to flourish in their present and future life. This contemporary educational approach is based on Positive Psychology, which is the scientific study of human flourishing and optimal functioning, and focuses on strengths and virtues that enable individuals, communities and organizations to succeed.
The course will introduce participants both to Positive Psychology fundamentals, presenting the most relevant international theories and references, and to Positive Education theories and techniques. During the course participants will also be introduced to mindfulness as an opportunity to train their minds, drive attention to present moments, relax, achieve goals, and boost a certain level of self-awareness. They will be invited to design a personal project based on positive education to share with their colleagues once they go back to school. Finally, participants will be involved in an active learning process also focusing on personal experience and self-reflection, combining cognitive and emotional elements to make the learning process easier and ensure long-lasting retention of the new knowledge.
By the end of the course participants will have learnt how to design programs that combine academics with the development of character strengthening and well-being, such as the experience of positive emotions, engagement with activities, establishment of meaningful practices and relationships etc.
Guided city tours and an excursion will also be part of the programme.
Find out our upcoming confirmed courses here
Follow our activities on our Facebook Page
Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs); Teacher trainers; Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors; Headteachers; Principals; Managers of schools.
course details - Florence
- Length of the course: 1 week: Mon to Sat;
- Next Dates 2018: 26 - 31 March; 16 - 21 April; 21 - 26 May; 18 - 23 June; 16 - 21 July; 20 - 25 August; 17 - 22 September; 15 - 20 October; 29 October - 03 November; 19 - 24 November; 17 - 22 December.
- Extra curricular activities included: 2 Florence Guided Tours and 1 day Tuscan Excursion (usually on Saturday);
- Price: € 480,00
course details - Barcelona
- Length of the course: 1 week, Mon - Sat;
- Next Dates 2018: 26 February - 03 March; 19 - 24 March; 09 - 14 April; 23 - 28 April; 28 May - 02 June; 25 - 30 June; 23 - 28 July; 27 August - 01 September; 24 - 29 September; 22 -27 October; 26 November - 01 December.
- Extra curricular activities included: Barcelona Guided Tours, 1 full day Excursion;
- Price: € 480,00