A 2 week ERASMUS+ Teacher Training Course about Art Psychology and Videomaking
This course introduces participants into different ways of understanding and teaching creativity and arts, taking the best of the positive impact of video making and art-related activities on their wellbeing.
During the first week of the course, participants will focus on how audio-visual tools can support students and teachers’ involvement: participants will actively learn how to create and adapt audio-visual resources (photos, movies, music clips, documentaries, new videos...) to teach their subjects in a more effective way. All this helps students to absorb and retain ideas, and in the development of communicative, critical, social and creative skills.
During the second week, the course will take a multidisciplinary approach to art psychology, based on a broad understanding of art and creativity across the lifespan. The course will analyse the creative process from a broader perspective, considering how creativity works at different ages and in different contexts. Participants will be involved in an active learning process, also focusing on personal experience and self-expression, combining cognitive and emotional elements to make the learning process easier and ensure long-lasting retention of the new knowledge.
By the end of the course, participants will be familiar with basic video making techniques: writing a script in accordance with their teaching objectives, basic movie shooting, editing techniques, as well as dubbing and adding subtitles creatively. In addition, they will have learnt how to combine art theory and practice in a productive way, to actively maintain students’ attention and motivation throughout the creative class and process, including: art production, art communication, preparing and visiting an art exhibition. They will also have improved their own creative attitude though a simple series of group and individual exercises that stimulate lateral thinking.
Guided city tours and 1 full day cultural excursion (usually on Saturday) will also be part of the programme.
Follow the calendar of the upcoming confirmed course sessions on our Facebook Page
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs); - Teacher trainers; Careers officers, - Headteachers; principals; managers of schools.
course details - Florence
- Length of the course: 2 weeks: Mon - Fri
- Number of participants: max. 10;
- Next Dates 2017: 09 - 20 October; 13 - 24 November.
- Set Dates 2018: 22 January - 02 February; 19 February - 02 March; 19 - 30 March; 16 - 27 April; 21 May - 01 June; 18 - 29 June; 16 - 27 July; 20 August - 31 August; 17 - 28 September; 15 - 26 October; 19 - 30 November.
- Extra curricular activities included: 2 Florence Guided Tours and 1 day Tuscan Excursion (usually on Saturday);
- Price: € 820,00