A 1 week teacher training seminar within the framework of the ERASMUS+ Program in Barcelona
The course offers the opportunity to discover Modernism and Avant-garde movements in the inspiring city of Barcelona, as well as to reveal an experiential approach in learning and teaching Contemporary Art.
Understanding Contemporary Art is somehow harder than understanding traditional art and, from a social and psychological point of view, it is quite difficult for the viewer to appreciate meanings and objectives immediately.
During the course, participants will improve their own creative attitude through a simple series of group and individual exercises around the city. They will be involved in an active learning process, also focusing on personal experience and self-expression, combining cognitive and emotional elements to ensure long-lasting retention of new knowledge.
The course will include walking tours to Modernism buildings (Palau Guell, Casa Batllò, Casa Amatller Pedrera, etc), visits to museums and Contemporary Art centres (Picasso Museu, Fundació Joan Miró, Fundació Tàpies etc) that display masterpieces from the XX and the XXI century.
By the end of the course, participants will have learnt how to teach Contemporary Art in a playful and significant way, which takes into account both the meanings and the creative processes. In other words, teachers will be able to design an interactive Contemporary Art program to stimulate students’ attention and motivation.
Follow the calendar of the upcoming confirmed course sessions on our Facebook Page
- Teachers: primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs; - Teacher trainers; Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors; - Headteachers; principals; managers of schools/organisations offering adult education.
course details - Barcelona
- Schedule: Mon - Sat 9 -12 classroom; 14 - 16 visits
- Length of the course: 1 week;
- Number of participants: max. 12
- Next Dates in 2017: 19 - 24 June; 17 - 22 July; 21 - 26 August; 18 - 23 Sept; 16 - 21 Oct; 20 - 25 Nov; 18 - 23 Dec.
- Set Dates 2018: 15 - 20 January; 12 -17 February; 12 - 17 March; 09 -14 April; 14 - 19 May; 11 - 16 June; 09 - 14 July; 13 - 18 August; 10 - 15 September; 08 - 13 October; 12 - 17 November; 10 - 15 December.
- Included in the program: Guided Tours and Museum Entrances;
- Price: € 480,00