A 2 Week Erasmus+ Teacher Training course about Understanding and Teaching Art. Available in Florence. Concept by Marta Mandolini
During the first week of the course, they will delve into the Tuscan contemporary creative scene and its protagonists. Avant-guard, Arte Povera, contemporary architecture, visual poetry, trans-avant- gardism and the present-day tendencies of figurative art will be presented and explored through special visits in contemporary art museums, galleries, and artists’ studios, such as Museo Marino Marini, Museo Novecento, Poggiali Forconi Gallery, Aria Art Gallery, Santo Ficara Gallery, Clet Studio etc, that nowadays offer a complete 20th century Italian and Florentine contemporary art panorama.
During the second part, participants will go back in time to discover the artistic, historical, and cultural milieu into which Renaissance art was born. They will examine: Giotto, Duccio and Martini’s influences on Florentine Renaissance; the role of humanism, patronage and the Medici Academia; the birth of architecture and perspective; masterpieces by Masaccio, Uccello, Botticelli, della Francesca, Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo. Museum visits and field trips will be an integral part of this.
At the end of the course, participants will see Florence in a new light, as they will have broadened their perspective on Tuscan artistic manifestations. They will also have developed a deeper understanding of cultural production in general and will succeed in comparing different ages to find out how artistic trends influence or contrast each other.
In addition, they will have experienced how to teach contemporary art in a playful and meaningful way, considering relevant contents and creative processes underneath.
Guided city tours and 1 full day cultural excursion (usually on Saturday) will also be part of the programme.
Follow the calendar of the upcoming confirmed course sessions on our Facebook Page
- Teachers: primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs; - Teacher trainers; - Headteachers; Principals; Managers of schools.
course details - Florence
- Length of the course: 2 weeks, Mon - Sat;
- Next Dates 2017: 16 - 27 October; 20 November - 01 December.
- Set Dates 2018: 22 January - 02 February; 19 February - 02 March; 19 - 30 March; 16 - 27 April; 21 May - 01 June; 18 - 29 June; 16 - 27 July; 20 August - 31 August; 17 - 28 September; 15 - 26 October; 19 - 30 November.
- Extra curricular activities included: 2 Florence Guided Tours and 1 day Tuscan Excursion (usually on Saturday);
- Price: € 820,00