A 1 Week ERASMUS+ Teacher Training Course on how to foster Creativity, Critical Thinking, Communication and Collaboration at school. Available in Florence (Italy)
Long heralded as key competences for 21st century learners, the ”Four Cs” (creativity, critical thinking, communication and collaboration) are often embraced in theory yet stump educators in practice. Creativity and Critical Thinking represent inseparable attitudes and abilities for innovation which, contrary to popular belief, CAN be learned, taught and implemented in any classroom. Communication and Collaboration are fundamental life skills that students can draw from in their everyday experiences at school and shape their ability to live, connect with others and work well in their future. The “Four Cs” strengthen our learners’ ability to find their place – professionally, personally, socially - in today’s fast changing world, while fostering other life-enhancing Cs: curiosity, confidence, caring and cooperation.
This course aims to provide teachers with the knowledge, the know-how and the confidence to incorporate these stimulating skills into their curriculum and school environment. In a true learn-by-doing environment, course participants will gain greater knowledge about what these competences entail and not only how to teach them, but first and foremost how to tap into their own ability to create, to think critically, to communicate effectively and to collaborate well with others.
The learning outcomes are:
- To gain a clear understanding of the creative process, how to encourage it and make it flourish
- To acquire problem-solving tools, fundamental in making the creative process come to fruition
- To experience more effective communication abilities and techniques, to facilitate the conveying of content, as well as relationship and community building activities
- To strengthen the educator’s own ability to think and work collaboratively, in order to make it more ‘real’ and accessible to students
- To incorporate new technologies and ICT skills into a Four Cs infused curriculum
Guided city tours and a one-day excursion (usually on Saturday) will also be part of the programme.
Follow the calendar of the upcoming course sessions on our Facebook Page
- Teachers primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs; Teacher trainers; Headteachers; Principals; Managers of schools/organisations offering adult education.
course details - Florence
- Length of the course: 1 week Mon -Sat;
- Number of participants: max. 12;
- Next Dates 2017: 02 - 07 October; 16 - 21 October; 20 - 25 November; 18 - 23 December.
- Set Dates 2018: 29 January - 03 February; 19 - 24 February; 26 - 31 March; 23 - 28 April; 28 May - 02 June; 25 - 30 June; 23 - 28 July; 27 August - 01 September; 24 - 29 September; 22 -27 October; 26 November - 01 December.
- Extra curricular activities included: 2 Florence Guided Tours and 1 day Tuscan Excursion (usually on Saturday);
- Price: € 480,00