A 2 week ERASMUS+ Teacher Training Course about Classroom Management Strategies and Mindfulness in Education
This course has been created for teachers who want to learn more about managing an effective and up to date classroom, as well as to personally experience a variety of yoga and meditation practices useful in their job both to prevent professional burnout and to promote emotional balance.
During the first week, through interactive and engaging activities participants will learn how to establish classroom rules, provide clear instructions, monitor, develop rapport, incorporate pair and group work, and gain tips for encouraging students to reflect on their own classroom behavior. Assessment and evaluation will also be addressed along with the incorporation of student portfolios, rubrics, and presentation strategies.
During the second week, participants will discover how to manage their own stress and that of their students through hands-on practice (traditional approaches combining breath and movement along with shorter practices that can be done anywhere and anytime). Throughout the course, participants will also keep a journal which will serve as an invaluable resource for carrying their experiences forward.
By the end of the course, participants will have gained greater insight into what makes a classroom run smoothly and what it takes to “Flip” their own classrooms. They will also become more familiar with Project and Task Based Learning and take away ideas for evaluating student learning and participation effectively. In addition, they will leave the course with a set of mindfulness tools for strengthening emotional stability, intention, and focus: in other words, they will have designed both a self-practice routine to support themselves in their work and daily lives as well as a series of practices they can integrate into their classrooms.
Guided city tours and 1 full day cultural excursion (usually on Saturday) will also be part of the programme.
Follow the calendar of the upcoming confirmed course sessions on our Facebook Page
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs); - Teacher trainers; Careers officers, - Headteachers; principals; managers of schools;
course details - Florence
- Length of the course: 2 weeks: Mon - Fri
- Number of participants: max. 12;
- Set Dates 2018: 22 January - 02 February; 19 February - 02 March; 19 - 30 March; 16 - 27 April; 21 May - 01 June; 18 - 29 June; 16 - 27 July; 20 August - 31 August; 17 - 28 September; 15 - 26 October; 19 - 30 November.
- Extra curricular activities included: 2 Florence Guided Tours and 1 day Tuscan Excursion (usually on Saturday);
- Price: € 820,00